New to running? Here is a great 10 week training plan to prepare for the marathon.
Another great 10 week training plan for intermediate runners.
Already a pro? We also have a 10 week training plan for advanced runners.
Tips for the marathon
- Increase weekly training by no more than 10%. Increasing your training too quickly raises the risk for injuries.
- Don't eat anything before the marathon or training. Wait two hours after a meal before you start running. Running with full stomach may cause cramps in your stomach, bloating or even vomiting. Also eat familiar food that suits for you.
- Warm up your body by walking and slow running for ten minutes. It will help your blood flow better and raise your core muscle temperature.
- Sleep longer when training. Average person needs at least eight hours of sleep. Lack of sleep will have a negative impact on your running.
- When training do also other exercises besides running that will help you to be stronger and healthier.